Understanding numbers in a foreign language is hard! This video has a numbers quiz for advanced English learners.
This video will be particularly helpful for people who are preparing for the IELTS exam, as there are often numbers in the listening section. But even if you’re not preparing for an exam, you will probably still find this advanced listening practice useful.
Would you like to learn some advanced English vocabulary?
Click this link to subscribe to my FREE Advanced English email lessons:
1. Frank ate at least three fifths of the cake before everyone arrived.
2. There were 1962 people competing in the marathon
3. Their profit this year was $56,317.
4. The stock market index increased by 78.36 points today.
5. The distance between the two towns is 192.4 km as the crow flies.
6. The driving distance is 221.8 km.
7. The company made a loss of £1,575,494.
8. The car cost €39,999.
9. $4781.37 is the exact amount that he currently has in his account.
10. The tiny apartment is exactly 107.64 square feet.
1. George has calculated that his hopping speed has improved by 23.8%.
2. 154,380 people visited the monument last year.
3. The video has already received 68,818 views.
4. Her total income last year was $41,216.
5. Ethel ate three eighths of the pie and tried to blame it on Frank.
6. In the end, George did five ninths of the work.
7. That mansion is worth $13.19 million.
8. The city has a population of 4,692,515.
9. The company has increased the price by 268.52%.
10. 72.25% of statistics are incorrect.
Spread the love! Help more people understand this lesson by contributing subtitles in your own language here: https://www.youtube.com/timedtext_video?ref=player&v=AxMKymK9at4
#englishlistening #ielts #englishwithmax #englishlisteningpractice #ieltslistening #learnenglish
🎈 FREE ADVANCED ENGLISH LESSONS EVERY TWO WEEKS:
🎈 DISCOUNT ON COURSE: